Forum Discussion

cynpleplan
Newcomer
17 hours ago

Reinstall the game

Since the new update this afternoon, i I am not able to play at all. The PC tells me to reinstall the game. I've made it 2 times and it still won't open. I played juste before lunch and everything was working. What could I do?

• cynpleplan  If you have mods or custom content, please move the Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package.

Otherwise, please set exceptions in your antivirus for TS4_x64, TS4_DX9_x64, and TS4_Launcher_x64; or the entire Bin folder they're in.  Set an exception for EADesktop.exe as well.  You may need to repair the game afterwards.

If that doesn't help, please temporarily disable your antivirus entirely and repair again.  Don't reenable the AV until you've tried to play once.  As long as you don't do anything else at the same time, your computer should be safe.

If that doesn't help either, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a post using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.