Forum Discussion

tap04950
Seasoned Newcomer
10 days ago

Constant Crashing

Hi, up until a few days ago my game was running great.  I don't use mods. Only CC for hair, clothes and house contents.  My game would shut down after 10 min of playing.  I've done EVERYTHING! Including setting my computer back to factory settings.  It still crashes after 10 to 15 min and does NOT hold a Save.  Please, before I pull my hair out, is there a fix?  I literally have nothing on my computer but Sims and it's a new computer with all updated components.  Thank you.

• tap04950  Please test with none of your custom content just to make sure that's not the issue.  You don't need to save your progress.

If that doesn't help, please post a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon with the other formatting options.

• tap04950  The one Sims 4 crash in your dxdiag points to a component of the Nvidia graphics driver.  Have you overclocked your GPU, or enabled the overclocking tool that's a feature of GeForce Experience?  If so, please disable the setting and restart your computer.

If that doesn't help, try disabling XMP and CPU Turbo Boost in the BIOS.  A handful of players with equal or similar hardware to yours have reported that this stops random crashing.  It's not ideal, but if it helps, look for a BIOS update that is specifically supposed to address instability on this platform.  One of the affected players updated their BIOS and no longer sees any crashing.

By the way, are you getting the BlueScreens when playing Sims 4 or in another context?  Even if they're not game-related, I can try to help with those.  If you're interested, open a File Explorer window and enter C:\Windows\Minidump in the address bar.  For the most recent two or three files, right-click them and select Copy, then right-click your desktop and select Paste.  Zip them together before uploading.

I'm not sure whether you can attach a .zip file to a reply here, but if not, upload the file somewhere else (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and post a link.