Forum Discussion

devoteddgfan
Rising Newcomer
23 hours ago

There is a problem with your game set up Please reinstall your game.

I am not sure what to do with this.  I have seen a message like this in this forum and reading is like reading some kind of code.  I would like for someone to help me with this.  I don't have a way to save me game stuff  that I have been playing for years.  It is allowing me to play my Sims 3 but not my Sims 4.  I am at a loss for playing today.  I usually play this game once a week because it is a older computer and it is when I first played.  I updated it and downloaded the two kits that came out.  I never had trouble with my lap top computer.  I know it is a newer computer with different Windows on it but I played this game last week and had no problems with it.    I believe I have Windows 7 on this computer.  I even tried shutting it down and turning it on.

devottedgfan😇

• devoteddgfan  Try forcing DirectX 9 mode.  Open the EA App game library, click Sims 4 > Manage > View properties, and add -dx9 in the command line box.

If that doesn't help, or you'd like to see whether there's a way to use DirectX 11 mode, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.

• I was having the same issue and I just tried this and it worked! Thank you!