Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Houndstooth Needs to be Nerfed

I’m sure I’m not the first to say it. And I’m sure I won’t be the last. But the Houndstooth is the most abysmal thing to fight in GAC or Fleet Arena. A ship like this should not exist. The hundreds of thousands of damage I have done to this ship in one fight, with ships of its same level and still not defeated it, only proves the point that it needs to be nerfed.

People have criticized me for comparing this game to other turn based strategy games, especially when I mention balancing issues, but I’m not about to stop now. Much like my issues with Kylo Ren (Unmasked) being essentially invincible unless he’s given a healing immunity, insta kill, or there is a large gear difference. Houndstooth is essentially invincible unless it’s the last ship and constantly taunts to avoid you killing other ships. Most people’s arguments when I bring up character imbalance is just a suggestion for me to use another character or ship to avoid or stamp out the problem. But with a game like SWGoH, saying, “You should just use this character you idiot.” is quite possibly the stupidest thing a person could say, seeing as it takes weeks FTP to get any character to a decent level. In any other game getting a character up in level wouldn’t be a problem and I wouldn’t complain, but characters are rough to get up and it’s infuriating.

I am fine with a ship or character that is tough to beat, but allowing that ship or character to be invincible unless you have a specific ship or character that has a an ability that few others have is stupid. The design of SWGoH is so imbalanced and idiotic in terms of other games that the most dedicated fans have chosen to lie to themselves and say this is good game design. And the only reason they don’t want people like me saying there are games with better balancing out there, is because they would have to recognize the horrible issues with this game they don’t want to acknowledge.

Ships are already an underdeveloped part of the game and all over the place with balance as it is, and having the houndstooth like this just makes it so much worse.