Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Prices increased 20% during "25% bonus crystal sale"

I noticed that the prices of crystals have gone up by nearly 20% during this 25% extra crystals sale they're having. That's kind of messed up EA.
  • Android in Europe here. Up until yesterday a vault was €99.99. Today it's 109.99

Terrible timing to push through that price adjustment. And that's EA's decision. Not Google's.
  • "Acrofales;c-1050031" wrote:
    Android in Europe here. Up until yesterday a vault was €99.99. Today it's 109.99

Terrible timing to push through that price adjustment. And that's EA's decision. Not Google's.
    Other way around: Google's decision, not EA's They adjusted the prices their store charges based on the change in the exchange rate.

If you really want to blame somebody, blame Brexit.

• "Woodroward;c-1050036" wrote:
    "Acrofales;c-1050031" wrote:
    Android in Europe here. Up until yesterday a vault was €99.99. Today it's 109.99

Other way around: Google's decision, not EA's They adjusted the prices their store charges based on the change in the exchange rate.

Google didn't adjust the prices: Android central nor any other Android related news sites say anything about an across the board adjustment. So no, this is on EA.

MOREOVER, I am not in Britain... hence why I quote prices in €€€ and not in £££.
  • "Acrofales;c-1050144" wrote:
    "Woodroward;c-1050036" wrote:
    "Acrofales;c-1050031" wrote:

Google didn't adjust the prices: Android central nor any other Android related news sites say anything about an across the board adjustment. So no, this is on EA.

MOREOVER, I am not in Britain... hence why I quote prices in €€€ and not in £££.

Sorry I didn't recognize the currency symbol.

The price hasn't increased for me. EA doesn't have the option to set multiple prices, they can set one. It is adjusted for foreign currency by Google. Whether there was an announcement by Google or not, it wasn't raised by EA/CG

• Price has increased for me too. Now it's 10% more expensive for all the bundles (crystals and others too).
  • "Mika;c-1051219" wrote:
    Everything went up 10% for me too yesterday for no reason

That's because of the change in the exchange rate. The price is actually still the same, it's just that your currency is worth less in comparison to the dollar now.

• "Acrofales;c-1050031" wrote:

Same here (Germany / Android User). I really think about not to buy my "monthly" crystal pack :-(
  • So. In theory.. if the euro would be more worth than the dollar again. they would lower the prices? Dont think so.. a increase of 10% in cost makes it a lot less appealing for me to spend, if i'm feeling like a cash cow with it. No matter from who it was initiated..
  • "KaeptnStoertebeker;c-1051454" wrote:
    "Woodroward;c-1051251" wrote:
    "Mika;c-1051219" wrote:
    Everything went up 10% for me too yesterday for no reason

That's because of the change in the exchange rate. The price is actually still the same, it's just that your currency is worth less in comparison to the dollar now.

Nope, exchange rate has been stable for a while now. 1 € = 1.1$ so why in the world am I being charged an extra 10% if my currency is worth 110% of the dollar equivalent?
    They don't always adjust the prices right away.