Forum Discussion

Charivarie
New Novice
3 days ago

Game freeze after a few minute of gameplay

Hello

super recently (this week) my game freeze randomly after a few minute of gameplay. I have to restart my computer when that happen because it freeze everything. 

it was working fine before the update

I also took a new antivirus recently (avira) so maybe its related ?

I play with MCC and UIcheats but never got problem with  them before and they are up to date.

I saw youtubeur lilsimsie having the same problem as me but not as frequent, the game for me is unplayable because few minutes after I'm in game, it always freeze. 

I did the procedure for dxdiag.

Its not my pc it can run Helldiver2 smoothly.

have a nice night.

• Charivarie  Your dxdiag doesn't contain any Sims 4 errors, which wouldn't be surprising if the problem is in fact Avira.  (Antivirus-related issues often don't cause a Windows error.)  The fastest way to test is to disable Avira entirely and try again to play.  As long as you don't do anything else at the same time, your computer should be safe, and you can reenable it afterwards.

If this helps, set exceptions for TS4_x64, TS4_DX9_x64, and TS4_Launcher_x64; or the entire Bin folder they're in.  Set an exception for EADesktop.exe as well.

If this doesn't help, please test a new save, for comparison's sake, and remove your Mods folder for the test.  The point is to see whether this is a global issue or limited to your main save.

• thank you a played a bunch today after setting exception and no freeze as of late I hope it continues thanks you agian 

• Charivarie  Your dxdiag doesn't contain any Sims 4 errors, which wouldn't be surprising if the problem is in fact Avira.  (Antivirus-related issues often don't cause a Windows error.)  The fastest way to test is to disable Avira entirely and try again to play.  As long as you don't do anything else at the same time, your computer should be safe, and you can reenable it afterwards.

If this helps, set exceptions for TS4_x64, TS4_DX9_x64, and TS4_Launcher_x64; or the entire Bin folder they're in.  Set an exception for EADesktop.exe as well.

If this doesn't help, please test a new save, for comparison's sake, and remove your Mods folder for the test.  The point is to see whether this is a global issue or limited to your main save.