Forum Discussion

710d03e285f045a9
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Game Freezes after August 8 Patch Update

So i have updated my game to the recent patch on August 8 so here is my issue, after playing several minutes the game crashes/freeze that i have to force shutdown my PC. Hoping EA can address this issues. Sims is becoming unplayable since the update. 

shellbeme
    Seasoned Novice

This is happening to me too, I even went so far as to do a fresh windows install and complete reinstall of the game. I play for a while and suddenly it freezes and closes out.  NO CC at all.  I have to restart my computer to be able to play the sims 4 again.  I play more graphic intensive games with no issues.  This has just started since the last update.  I'm going to go in and try to play with the online features turned off and see if it makes a difference as my husband was able to play on his PC offline with no issues.

shellbeme
      Seasoned Novice

Attaching DXDiag also reported on Answers HQ.

Been playing a while now offline with no issues so others might want to try that.  It's a bummer because I want to use the online feature for lovestruck.  I will report back if crashes continue while offline.

puzzlezaddict
        Hero+

shellbeme  Are you playing with your computer offline, or just the EA App, or just the in-game features disabled?  I ask because disabling Online Social Features, in Options > Game Options > Other, has helped with performance issues (although not with crashing) in the recent past.  And this and putting the EA App in offline mode are both less inconvenient than taking your computer entirely offline.

• Having the same issue ... happens most often when attending to an infant. Sometimes I can go to the game menu and re-enter my game and it will work again for a little bit. Mostly though, it's making my game unplayable! :(

talva91843
      Seasoned Newcomer

I am having the exact same issue. My game will be functional for a few minutes, I use a cheat for filling motives and then attend to a toddler; it stops working after that. It just freezes completely and time stops. 

• 710d03e285f045a9  Does this happen in a new save with no mods or custom content present?  Please test if you haven't already and let me know.

If the new save freezes, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Click Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply here by clicking the camera (Insert Media) icon along with the other formatting options.

puzzlezaddict
        Hero+

talva91843  Please post in the Mac tech section for help.

https://forums.ea.com/category/the-sims-4-en/discussions/the-sims-4-technical-issues-mac-en

Balagment00
    Seasoned Newcomer

The same for me, I can't use my files for more that ten minutes before my game freezes and on top of that the icons at the bottom (needs,job,phone,etc. ) are scrambled as in I have the calendar icon on the phone one and it just make the game unplayable .

haleyjo
    Seasoned Newcomer

Same, ever since the update my game crashes on startup unless I turn off my antivirus. If I turn the antivirus back on while in-game it crashes the second I open the gallery. I question if it's something to do with the coding on the latest update. Either way I've spent way too much money on this game for them to come out with a botched update then force us to install it, making the game unplayable.

• This is also happening to me too! I even removed all my mods and its still happening. I have  a 4090 ryzen 9 so I know its not my pc. I believe its a glitch in the update please fix!

• tiffanyjay29  When does the game freeze?

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, attach it to a reply here using the camera (Insert Media) icon with the other formatting buttons.