Forum Discussion

iamcooley
Newcomer
2 months ago

This is insane

I purchased the new sims 4 pack and since then I haven’t been able to play sims 4 on my pc . I have updated all my mods. I also tried to launch game with no mods. My game keeps getting stuck at the loading screen, so I have to force close. I did the new update and even uninstalled all my sims ; and redownloaded. We have to get this issue together. I play sims all days and this isn’t it ! We need to fix this asap. Is anyone else having problems launching Sims 4 on PC ? 

thisiserii
    Rising Newcomer

Hi! 

I had the same issue from the day of the update until yesterday. I found out that after the patch the CC I had got corrupted somehow so I removed everything (mods and CC) and it worked after creating a new clean start (removing the EA folder to the desktop and relaunching, then adding my saves inside the new saves folder and the same with my tray items). I'm not playing with mods at the moment and I can access almost everything except the new dating system from Lovestruck (which is a shame after paying for it tbh) 

Sorry for not being able to help you further! :( 

• iamcooley  

As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just let me know whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/