Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Please, ease gear grind

Hello,

I hope a Devs will read this post and i will try to make it as constructive as possible.

First of all, thanks a lot for easing the credit crunch. The addition of credits in arena, the revamp of the credit heist, new raid rewards made the game much funnier and we are now able to level toon and level mods.

You also made the shards collection grind extremely convenient, where we know more or less the excepted rate of drop (around 1/3) for Cantina and hard node.

My issue is with the gear as of now. It takes approximatively one month to completely max a toon in mean. Many players complain that they have excess of gear and are in bottleneck of many of salvage (mostly mk5 stun guns, mk3 stun cuff).

Your move about adding gear salavage to fleet shipments is really welcome and I suppose with time player will shift to buy gear instead of Zeta mates (although I doubt about it). However, I think there still a great imbalance between shard availability, credit and gear.

What I really want to ask is about communication as well. Can you say some words in next Devs update about the gear grind? If it is WAI? If a Devs post a response in this thread (and if the Devs responsible for the economy as well) I can provide a good overview supported with data and by many other players.

• "Waqui;855619" wrote:
    "Neo2551;855215" wrote:
    "Waqui;855206" wrote:
    They've just added more ways to collect gear (fleet shipments and AAT raid) and still you complain?

So you still insist there is a balance between gear, shards and credits?

Nope. I just claim that you now acquire gear faster than previously. I see no reason to complain about that.

I think only a small proportion of players use fleet currency for gear, though. Put the same gear in guild currency and many will be happy :)
  • "Loose_Lee;855636" wrote:
    Okay here is the solution....

MORE RAIDS! NEW RAIDS! SHIP RAIDS! MORE SHIP RAIDS!

This will (following suit of getting coins to do them all with daily activities) allow you to multiple raids and lets say you can each one done in a day and theres 7 total raids thats 7 days of raid rewards each day!

Theres your solution!

Let they devs program the new raids and get them out asap instead of sidetracking them with piddly petty stuff.

I am anxious to do deathstar ship raid and hope a 2nd ship raid is right behind it... can you handle 4 days of raid rewards in a week? I think most will say yes.

If they allow ships lower than 7*, yes, otherwise most player are screwed!
  • +1

I am trying to get Rex to GEAR X and I'm stuck on the same gear peice for two days -_-
  • Just wait until 7 star mods become available. I agree that the drop rates for gear and decent mods are low. Between raid and arena teams it is a long slow grind.
  • "Neo2551;855767" wrote:
    "Waqui;855619" wrote:
    "Neo2551;855215" wrote:
    "Waqui;855206" wrote:
    They've just added more ways to collect gear (fleet shipments and AAT raid) and still you complain?

So you still insist there is a balance between gear, shards and credits?

Nope. I just claim that you now acquire gear faster than previously. I see no reason to complain about that.

I think only a small proportion of players use fleet currency for gear, though. Put the same gear in guild currency and many will be happy :)

Whether you use the option or not, is your decision. The option is still there.
    Personally, I've bought several stun cuffs, which helped me get my Chirrut ready for arena.