Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Territorial War and the amazingly BAD Matchmaking

Heya...

Its getting worse and worse. I know, it's not easy to make a Matchmaking System with such many players and such many variables within a "split-second decision" so that everybody gets a fair chance. Especially when there are guilds who really try to game the system. The funny Sandbaggers.

Sure there is not much difference between Place 1 and 2 in case of rewards, but my Guild-Mates really would like a shot for a Head-on-Head Battle. We have recorded every War we had since the beginning of Territorial War, we are an "Old Guild" (June 2016) but no elitest. We led everybody play if they want to, but managing the moral of our crew is hard to master with Opponents like:

SEE: 8 VS 25
JML: 14 VS 34
JKL: 27 VS 45
SLK: 13 VS 31
REY: 15 VS 31

We succeeded to have 2 more Boba Fetts then our counterpart. Guess what, Boba was not tough enough to beat em all.

Problem? They ditched 10 of there players (everybody under an Arena Rang of 50) and came out with 40 Players vs our 49.

There is no way in Hell how we could beat em, only if there where highly incompetent - but, well, yeah, Arena Rang Players ranking 1-50 in most part aren't. Not to mention that there are 4 Fields filled with Legends from Top to Bottom.

Please, for the love of God, do something. Its ridiculous.

A simple change would work wonders: Stop calculating how many fields have to filled by checking there participating members. Let it be always 25. Period. So when there are some "sandbaggers", they have to stretch themself thin to protect everything. But so? 40 Players equals 20 Troops. That kind of calculation is from the stone-age of TW, where guilds could not bring up 50 Players.

Ofcourse the whole Matchmaking-System needs an overhaul, but that would take just 5 seconds coding, ok, 2 hours, i guess you have to search for the variables... ;)

Its sad enough that you never rework anything anymore. 5 Vaders Shards for 10k Arena Battles? (I'm halfway there with 5.4k ... seems i need another 5 Years!) But thats another story.

PLEASE FIX YOUR MATCHMAKING

Thanks
Shezzofreen,
Guild Leader of FFM, 200+ Members.
http://www.ffm-heroes.com