Forum Discussion

coloncocon
Seasoned Vanguard
23 days ago

Too many "Lovestruck" couples everywhere!

I knew there was a similar discussion. However, I didn't find the discussion about this issue about "everywhere" yet. So, I start a new one with the information from my testing with my saved file.

(Disclaimer: My save is modded, has MCCC, and has "Show Sim Info" to get info.)

I visited a park in Chestnut Ridge and found a couple named Roswell who live in Strangerville. It's so lovely, isn't it? But there are some strange things about this.

If you have Strangerville GP, you will know that... Townies who live in Strangerville "rarely" spawned outside their world. Some places have exceptions about region limits such as restaurants, bowling lots (team members with uniforms), gossipers in Finchwick Fair, etc. You can't find them appearing outside without a special role.

Then I have evidence that it's a Lovestruck (EP16) issue. I used the "Show Sim Info" mod to see the name of their role and found this (red underline).

This can make sure that they are spawned by the game to have a date.

In another try that I played for a longer time, after a few minutes, the game spawns at least 3 couples. I saw from other players that it can reach 4 couples too.

About my personal opinion.

1. It would be cute and lovely if it's only 1-2 couples and has the more rare chance to appear such as 10-20% or 50% at most. It shouldn't be every time like the current situation.
  2. They should respect the region-limited rule if it exists. And they shouldn't appear in the place they shouldn't be such as temple ruins in Selvadorada. 
  3. I think it would be better to give "EP16NPC_VenueDate" sims in a specific place to make it more special. Why don't they appear mostly in Ciudad Enamorada, the city of love? I wouldn't complain if it's like that. You can spawn as many lovers as you want in the city of love!
  4. Or I think it can be like "The Festival of Light" in Mt. Komorebi where couples from every world are spawned.
  5. It should be a collab with Seasons EP's Love Day too. I wouldn't complain much if the couple is spammed on this holiday. (But please don't give "situation outfit" to them cruelly lol.)

I don't mind about the same couple appearing again and again if it's for a more special situation. This time, I can't make up my mind to play the main save until there are some mods to fix this.

(Sadly I can't disable this pack because I already use the new hairstyle from this EP in my main sims because it fits him perfectly. And I'm busy lately, so I can wait longer.)

That's all! Feel free to share your thoughts. I hope this will be tuned or fixed soon!

P.S. I don't save this process in my main save, but I am honestly happy with Roswell for having a lovely moment time during this short period, even in the Gym! And it's so ironic that it's Love Day in my main save right now.