Forum Discussion

efgy007
Seasoned Newcomer
24 hours ago

Issues after Sept Update

I haven't played the sims in a few months and recently updated my game on the 18th of September and this is where the issues started... 

I removed all my mods before loading in, as some of my mods were not yet updated. I selected a saved file that was modless, mostly to see the new colour swatches. I waited on the loading screen for 10 mins and nothing. Weird, so I restart the game and go into create a sim to start a brand new game. But I can't select traits. Weird.. So I repair the game, create a sim and start a brand new game with no mods, play for a while and then want to change an outfit, go to create a sim and boom loading screen of death. Okay... classic sims being buggy to I restart. Now I can't play on the new file, can't create a sim and my game will not go past the loading screen. 

But I'm determined to play sims and rot in bed this weekend, so I uninstall and reinstall the game. Nothing.. same issues. Now I'm annoyed. EA I have been playing the Sims for almost 20 years and now I can't even do the most basic of gameplays.

So to sum up;

• Have uninstalled and reinstalled the game
  • Have repaired the game multiple times
  • No Mods affecting the game
  • Create a sim bugging and not showing traits
  • Cannot load saved files
  • Can sometimes create a new sim and play for a while. But if I leave the game cannot play on that file again. 
  • Have cleared my cache 
  • Have cleared Last Expectations 
  • I have also tried the Mod milestone fix 

If anyone has some suggestions, I would love to try. I'm desperate. 

• efgy007A few things to check:

• Are you using the off the grid lot trait in your saves? That's currently bugged, though I don't know that it should be causing issues in CAS. If so, go to the lot through manage worlds and remove the trait before trying to load the household.
    • Have you tried moving the The Sims 4 folder out of documents to your desktop, to force the game to create a fresh user folder? (don't delete the old one; if a fresh folder works you'll want to try recovery of gallery/saves/rewards from the old files)
    • Make sure all mods and cc are removed for testing. This includes things that you wouldn't think should affect the game (you'd be surprised the weird seemingly completely unrelated effects some things have).