Forum Discussion

donproject
New Rookie
2 months ago

SWGOH Farm Tracker v2 (custom tracking!)

Hey friends.

I made a farm tracker a while back and people seemed to like having a web-based tracker for their SWGOH goals!

thedonproject.com/swgoh 

As my summer project, I added a few things to it!

• Custom farms!
    • You can now make your own custom list of characters to farm (up to 5 lists with 40 characters/ships each) and it will save locally in your browser.
  • Icons!
    • Look at those cool little guys. You can hid them if you want in the...
  • Settings pane!
    • When you click the settings button you get a whole slew of options instead of just the two in version 1, including which farms you want to show (custom of preset) and if you want colors or not. Fun!

You need a swgoh.gg profile to use this tracker. If you're set up there, just type in your ally code and see how you're progressing.

If you check it out or have used it in the past, I welcome feedback and ideas. Just keep in mind, I'm an amateur coder, at best. I also make essentially zero dollars per hour on this and it is just for the purpose of staving off cognitive decline, really.

Thanks!

• 2 things.  1. Any chances of bringing back the collapsible headers.  And 2. What is your math on the percentage completed?  If you don't want to say, that is cool.
    Just trying to figure out the 1% differences between these 2 farms.

Leviathan needs a ship (4* and level 85) and 7 relic levels.  Profundity needs 1 shard level, 11 gear levels, and 29 relic levels.

Love the new updates.  Thanks

donproject
      New Rookie

Thanks for the kind words!

1. Actually, I was just working on that today and you can now collapse individual farms and/or the custom section, preset section, and the "all your stuff" section. Might bring back the different category headers, but I'm running out of summer, it's surprisingly complex, and I am very slow.

2. The math for the percents is kind of difficult because each character gears up at different rates as well, but here's what I thought was an okay solution (open to a different idea, but haven't had any suggestions yet):

Each ship/character is weighted equally.
      Each category of requirement is also weighted equally. 

So for a character that requires relics: level, stars, gear, and relic are all 25% each. If the max is gear, then level, stars, and gear are all 33.3%, etc. The ships in these examples will be 50/50 for level and stars.

So, Revan there should be 25% + 25% + 25% + 8/9 x 25% = 97.2% done. 
      The other three characters are 75% + 5/7 x 25% for about 92.9% done.
      11/16ths + 97.2% of 1/16th + 92.9% of 3/16ths gets the total of about 92%.

Just for fun: Profundity gets 9/14ths + (25% + 6/7 x 25% + 10/13 x 25% +0) x 1/14 + (50% + 11/13 x 25% + 0) x 1/14 + (75% + 5/7 x 25%) x 1/14 + (50% + 9/13 x 25% +0) x 1/14 + (50% + 11/13 x 25% +0) x 1/14 = 90.6% or about 91%.

I could probably just weight relics more than gear more than stars more than level. Maybe a ratio of 1:2:3:4? It'd be pretty arbitrary, but maybe better? What do folks think?

donproject
      New Rookie

Hm, I thought I replied to this a couple days ago with a very detailed explanation, but it is gone now. Here's the short version:

1. Collapsing is back, baby! Don't have the category headers back in yet, as that's a bit tougher, but might be able to pull it off sometime in the next couple weeks before my summer ends?
      2. Short version of the math is that...
        - each character/ship is weighted equally.
        - each of the level/stars/gear/relic is also weighted equally (25% each for characters who require relics, 33% for those who require gear, 50% for stars)

I have been thinking about weighting the level/stars/gear/relic differently, but not sure about the right ratio. Maybe 1:2:3:4? No one has complained about the math too much yet, but I'm open to suggestions!

pumbaa1972
        New Novice

You did.  It only popped in today.  Probably gremlins in the system.

This is sorta something I use for percentage completed.

I use the formula of changing the gear/relic levels into 1 - 22 (G1-R9). The column to the far right (see below) is what they are required to unlock event added up at bottom.  The conditional formula column is what is left to make the unlock requirement. What is left totaled at the bottom.  Than I use the formula of (163-40)/163 for completed.  Or you can drop the 1st 163 for the percent left.  Only thing is it doesn't factor in the shards farm.  The ships have 2 requirement levels at least for the Capital Ships.  Most need them at 4 stars to open the event, but they need to be at 7 stars to actually unlock the Capital Ship (tier 4).

• So, I was playing around with the math for the Rarity (Stars) and Level.  And I think you should treat Stars (Rarity), Gear/Relic (as 1), and Level as separate percentages.  

Like I said, I convert gear/relics into a number (G1=1 and R9=22) and pull current (is converted to the number too) from my roster (or whomever roster I pull from swgoh.gg).  Than I use the math from my previous post (GR level-Need)/GR level.  And the same for Rarity (Stars) and Level.

Than I added the 3 percents and divided by 3 for the total completed for that journey.  If you see any issues, please feel free to voice them.

This was from a guild mate.
    This was mine for the same journey. Just so you can see the differences.

donproject
      New Rookie

Interesting. I think I see what the change would be: basically instead of percentage of characters/ships in a farm completed, this would be percentage of items for the whole farm completed. 

So, here are the four ideas I've got and where I'm leaning.
      My old way: everything even by character and item
      Your way: percentage of total farm items, evenly weighted (33% rarity, 33% gear/relic, 33% level)
      1:2:3:4 ratio for level/rarity/gear/relic, characters evenly weighted
      1:2:3:4 ratio, percentage of items (hybrid with yours)

Here's the results:

I think I like the 1:2:3:4 evenly split system the best. I don't think it's perfect (late gear levels are harder to get than earlier relics, for example), but it seems to be a good balance for things with mixed requirements (like Leviathan and Profundity). Thanks for helping me think about this!

pumbaa1972
        New Novice

No problems.  I just thought 1% difference between my Leviathan/Profundity farms seem a bit odd.  Especially since my Leviathan needing 7 relic levels and unlocking a ship. Vs Profundity needing a lot more than that.

Glad to help you figure out the way you want to take it.  And It is still an awesome site (even better after you added the percentages).  It helped me figure out which Journey to start next (completion wise).