Forum Discussion

CurtisHonts
Newcomer
7 hours ago

EA Launcher won't launch Sims 4

I installed the launcher
I installed the game
I hit play and the game doesn't launch it closes EA launcher, and opens it back up... it never reaches the Sims 4 'launcher'
I have read for days at this point about removing mods (no mods)
Moving the Sims 4 folder (did that) so it can make a new one
Repairing the game
Reinstalling the game
Trying it through Steam
Running it as administrator
Getting rid of background EA programs via Task Manager, and other programs that would for whatever reason mess with the launcher

I'm trying to enjoy the game I paid for, and the game I'd like to keep supporting, but your launcher won't let me

• CurtisHonts  Please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily unread by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see how it runs.

If you still can't play, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.

• I had already done the Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, as I have seen it a few places online and on this board, it did nothing to improve my problem, and there is no starting a new save because the game does not launch from the EA launcher

I should add, when I did that it simply brought up the EA Launcher and a prompt that said that Sims was not installed, as it was looking for a folder that no longer existed, or was filled

After which I installed, and the same issue persisted