Forum Discussion

MrPlumbob
New Traveler
14 days ago

My Sims 4 Expansions are gone! (Edit: Fixed!)

Hey everyone,

Been playing the sims 4 all day, but went to start it this evening and some of my packs are missing.

I own the game through Steam, with some packs from Steam and some packs from the EA app.

The folders for some of the packs are missing from my game install folder, and the game says I'm missing packs when I launch my save.

I own everything except the kits, spooky stuff, home chef hustle, crystal creations, batuu, For Rent, and Lovestruck. (as far as I can remember. I can check for a specific list if needed)

All of the missing packs are from steam.

Below is what I'm seeing in EA App (Not all of the downloadable packs will fit on screen)

I don't know what could've happened. It's been working fine all day until now.

MrPlumbob
    14 days ago

I just got an 11GB update on steam for sims 4. Hopefully that’s my packs. Anyone reading this check for an update on Steam.

• Update: The Packs are in the Delta folder, just not the main folder, if that makes any difference

MrPlumbob
      New Traveler

This is strange. I asked on reddit too and several people are having this problem. Do you have the game on Steam too?

rucifeld
    Rising Newcomer

Yes, this happened to me too. It said it need to update stuff, and now that it has, it says none of my saves will work because none of the packs are installed!

MrPlumbob
      New Traveler

I just got an 11GB update on steam for sims 4. Hopefully that’s my packs. Anyone reading this check for an update on Steam.

• When I got to main screen, I got pop ups for all the DLC I was missing saying they are there. However, when I try to load save I get the missing DLC message about possibly corrupting the save. When I look at my families none are missing clothes now. I may just stat a new game for now. I don't know whether to play a save or not.

MrPlumbob
      New Traveler

I’d wait until an update appears on steam. I checked and the game is in fact reinstalling all my packs. (As far as I can tell) It appeared as an 11GB update on steam.

rucifeld
    Rising Newcomer

Yep, mine finished too. Very frustrating that you can't see that there are downloads in progress. It just says "We'll let you know when it's done" but.. this is the Sims 4, where things just start and... give up :P  Glad it seems to be working for everyone though now.

• I saw on Reddit that it fixed it for the people who had this problem. My update is still downloading, but it seems it’s fixing it for everyone