Forum Discussion

ktppddmx5b8g
Seasoned Newcomer
22 days ago

FIX THIS PLEASE

i purchased 3 kits today expecting to actually be able to use them and the game STILL DOESNT WORK i spent money and can’t even play this is so unfair and frustrating i can’t click on sims and they’re just stuck in a command i told them to do literally 2 days ago i’ve just been getting on to see if they can actually move but no everyday it’s the same :D woohoo this is SO FUN🙄 please fix this it’s so so so stupid that it’s been like this for as long as it has been i’ve seen posts from a month ago explaining the same situation 

• ktppddmx5b8g  Please try a new save and let me know whether it runs properly.  If it does, save your main household to your in-game Library, quit, load the new save, and place your sims there.  Let me know how it does.  I'm not saying you have to abandon the new save, only that this is a useful test.

If the new save has the same issues, drag the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet, not even a Gallery lot or sim; just start another new save and let me know how it runs.

When you've loaded a new save, have a look at CAS and/or Build/Buy to see whether the kits' items are showing up.  You can filter by kit, and if the new ones aren't installed, the game will tell you you don't own the content.  It doesn't mean you actually don't own it; this is just the default message for any pack or kit that isn't currently loaded into the game.

• ktppddmx5b8g  For the kits, is the problem that they don't show in-game?  Or do they load, but you can't properly play because of the performance issue?

For the problem with your sims, please empty out their inventories, and if that doesn't help, move them to a different lot.  This should be a default EA lot (no Gallery downloads) in one of the base game worlds.  You don't need to save your progress; this is just for testing.

ktppddmx5b8g
      Seasoned Newcomer

hi i tried the inventory thing and it still didn’t work, i tried to move my sims to a different lot again but the loading screen still never went away, i’ve repaired the game and i’ve reset my sims with the reset sim cheat but nothing has worked, when i pause i can switch to different sims but when i press play i can’t switch to different sims and they don’t move they just stand there and won’t do commands,my robot vacuum has just been going in circles in the bathroom and my dog has been barking at the baby for days 🥲

ktppddmx5b8g
      Seasoned Newcomer

hi! thank you for replying i have tried moving them to a different lot but the loading screen never goes away, i haven’t tried the inventory thing i will try that later thank you! and for the kits im sure they show up i haven’t checked because i can’t control my sims or move them so i simply haven’t played