Forum Discussion

IGNISREN
Seasoned Newcomer
3 days ago

Infinite saving/loading screens

I originally started having this issue after the September update and saw other people were having the same issue and followed all the advice given.

• updated all mods
  • removed all CC
  • started a new save (with no CC)
  • removed off-the-grid lot types
  • switched back to DX9

Unfortunately, none of these worked so I decided to wait until the next patch and try again. After the October patch, I updated everything and it's still happening. Whether I'm loading/travelling with a family, exiting CAS, or saving when building on a community lot. 

I'm completely out of ideas of what I can do at this point; I have plenty of space on my PC and while loading can be slow sometimes, I know that's because I have quite a few packs and CC and I've never minded. But the infinite screens are getting too much, I can't play the game at all without running in to one and I end up losing any progress I've made.

Really hoping someone can help or this bug can be lessened at least in the next update. 🤞

• IGNISREN  As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily unread by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see whether you see the same issues.  Please do test both saving and traveling, separately if necessary.  Use a new sim you create and a default EA-made house in a base game world, nothing from the Gallery.

If you still can't save your progress, please let me know what antivirus you use and whether OneDrive is running on this computer.

lolaawolf  I'd like the same information from you as well.